Focus on giving something up.
Matthew 6:16-18; Psalm 121:1-8; Romans 12:9-11
- What’s one thing you couldn’t go a day without?
- Have you ever given up something you really liked for a good reason? What happened?
- Have you ever been tempted to do something because it would make you seem more “holy”? What happened and how do you feel about it now?
- How do you think giving something up could help you grow closer to God?
- Read Romans 12:9-11. How do you think we could apply this passage to fasting?
- This week, what’s one thing you’re going to give up to help you better focus on God?